Nov 4, 2014

Coffeehouse Review: Bluestone Lane

For my first coffeehouse review, I decided to stay in my neighborhood: the classy streets of the Financial District. I had planned to walk into a random coffee shop near my apartment, and I walked around for a good 30 minutes trying to do just that. But after a while I realized, who am I kidding? Bluestone Lane is the best--and my favorite by far--coffee shop in the FiDi and it deserves to get my first coffeehouse review. So without further ado:




My budget: $10 (for my entire breakfast since I hadn't had any this morning)

Location:  30 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004




Who doesn't like Australian anything? Seriously though... this place completely owns its ausieness, as evidenced by their walls covered in sports memorabilia. It gives the entire shop a rustic, homey feel without coming off as too hipster. This is your classic, hole-in-the-wall shop that is just overflowing with personality. While the limited space may seem like a drawback (the place is crowded with 10 people in line, and there aren't even as many seats), it works as a stop-in on your way to work. New Yorkers don't let limited space get in the way of something good, anyway.

Everything, and I mean everything, about this place is Australian, including the baristas. Did I mention they flirt with you? My barista asked me where I went to school, and as my mouth was full, I gestured behind me (my school is literally across the street). He then asked me if I was an MCA major, and I about choked on my coffee. 


I ordered my usual: a large flat white (a basic coffee with milk), as well as something new off their lunch menu: a Jaffle (I was confused as to what this could possibly be as well). My coffee was on point, and the barista had even embellished a bit:

Then I got my Jaffle and my eyes were opened. Whatever made a grilled cheese sandwich taste like the food of the gods when we were little kids--this thing has it. It is essentially a panini-pressed swiss on white with tomato and honey-smoked ham, except that the edges are pressed shut so that the cheese melts with everything else inside the bread... Pure. Genius.

I would hit you over the head with how much you need to visit this place, but I think the Jaffle just made my point for me. I love this place, you will too, end of story. 

Total $$ spent: $9.99

XOXO

-H

1 comment:

  1. I've never had their Jaffle! Your post has just decided what I'm getting next time I need breakfast in the FiDi.

    ReplyDelete