Nov 27, 2014

Coffeehouse Review: Think Coffee

As I said in one of my last posts, I went to quite a unique and rustic coffee shop just south of Union square. On 4th between 12th and 13th, you'll find Think Coffee, a spacious, sparsely decorated, yet charismatic coffeehouse.
This is a very popular place for NYU students (*cough* hipsters *cough*) to hang out. So if you don't mind the possibility that you might have to drink your coffee standing at the bar for all the students using the tables as their second desks, this place is for you. Seriously though, it's not uncommon to consume your latte in between Tisch students and pretentious, women's studies majors sipping wine.The actual venue is quite nice, with a combination of hard wood and classy tiled floors, it looks like a mix between a 30's speakeasy and a 70's diner.





Their menu is pretty straightforward, though we did have a little trouble actually finding someone to ring us up (let alone do it with a good attitude... but that's another matter). Ashley ordered a hot chocolate while I grabbed a small latte (I did end up drinking half of her's). While their coffee is good, a classic coffeehouse red flag is when their main selling point is the fair-trade aspect of the beans, not the actual quality. This was the case, and thus I have concluded after finishing Ashley's hot chocolate, that Think's strength is in non-coffee drinks.


If you visit, you have to ask for a hot chocolate with two shots. Also, their brownies and other baked goods are out of this world. Ashley said the brownie was too cakey, but seeing as how her definition of a good brownie is chocolate-flavored shoe leather, I don't take her opinion on such things anymore.

I hope you are all having a lovely Thanksgiving. I am currently sitting here writing while Ashley and her brother try to figure out how to bake an entire turkey (this is the first year we've tried). After this, I will be making a green bean casserole all for myself, because neither of them like green beans. But I'm not complaining...

~Happy Turkey Day~

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment