May 23, 2015

Battery Park City Run

Hello from a 70 degrees and sunny NYC! Or at least what was... 

At the moment I am staring up at the ceiling of my summer apartment. I have fallen off the couch and have failed to get back up out of sheer, overwhelming laziness. After a grueling finals week, summer is F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. here, and I want to revel in every ounce of pure and well-earned lethargy. 


This is the view of the East River from my couch when one is sitting upright. I could spend all day just watching the boats go by... and one of these days I might... just because I can.




I successfully spent my time today watching a movie, reading, and cooking... Essentially everything I haven't had time to do in nine months. This is glorious. 

Oh and I also went jogging... before you determine my life completely unproductive... and I got some amazing pics on this perfect, cloudless day! 

Why I've never gone jogging in my own neighborhood before is beyond me... Granted, it's been below freezing for the majority of the year (or at least that's what it feels like)... but even so, these views are breathtaking. Here are just a few of sights I had the pleasure to behold today. 




 That tiny little point in the middle of the skyline? That's the Empire State Building. 


I am thanking God for this long weekend. My plans include unpacking, resting, and reflecting over the past year. I'm also embarking on some weight-loss and health-food kick with my roommate... but seeing as how I just ordered Insomnia Cookies, that initiative is temporarily out the window. 

Next up: I had an adventure in the West Village that involved Burritos and killer frozen margaritas that I've been wanting to share... Also, I will be posting about my Memorial Day festivities, so be prepared...

Until then, here's a pic of my current state of being that my roommate took, perplexed. 



Happy Memorial Day, Y'all! 

XOXO 

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment